Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Rebel With A Cab

Wearing dark sunglasses and a black cap emblazoned with bold capital letters spelling out the word, "HATE", my cabby today told me that he's a rebel. He explained that he's been avoiding getting a taxi license for years and that he ignores some of the laws of the road, including wearing a seatbelt. On top of that he strongly dislikes the Thai police and their corrupt antics and said that he will try to outrun the cops if they ever try to catch him. I made sure I got on his good side by agreeing with everything that he told me, but the whole time I was spying out the window looking to see if the police were following us. The last thing I need is to be in a high speed car chase with the police in Bangkok, although it would certainly make a good story to blog about in a future post.