Wednesday, August 13, 2014

No Photos

One question I often get when people see my taxi photos is, "Do the drivers mind when you take pictures in their cabs?". I assure them that I always ask the cabbies if it's okay and I often tell the drivers about this blog or my book, Thai Taxi Talismans. Most of the time the cabbies are thrilled that I'm interested in Thai culture and are more than happy to let me take photographs in their cabs. But there have been a couple of instances when the drivers resisted. In one case, the cabbie was very superstitious and told me that he thought it was bad luck for me to capture the images of the Buddha and monks. Another driver insisted that I go to a temple instead where there were more things to photograph. While that may or may not be true, at the time I got the distinct feeling that he was just trying to rack up the fare driving me around Bangkok.